Optiv Event Standards ("OES") Policy
Optiv is committed to the safety of our employees, event attendees, and sponsors, especially during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and any future pandemic events.
To keep everyone safe, this policy was created to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases. As an attendee of an Optiv hosted event, you are required to comply with the below event standards.
This policy is subject to change, depending on the current guidance from public health organizations and other best practices applicable to the event. The Optiv Corporate Event Team will communicate any changes in writing to all attendees.
Optiv Event Standards (“OES”)
In addition to complying with all state and local guidelines and venue protocols to limit the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases, Optiv will enforce the following event standards to protect our attendees, sponsors, and employees.
- Venue Selections
- Optiv will only host events at venues that will adhere to the same, or more rigorous, standards as OES and provide adequate staffing needs to meet all standards.
- Communicating Safety Measure
- All safety measures specific to each event will be communicated to employees, attendees, and sponsors prior to and at the event. Additionally, this information will be included on onsite signage and within the event app (as applicable).
- Onsite Safety Measures
- Face Masks
All Optiv employees, attendees, and sponsors are required to wear a face mask or other acceptable face covering that covers both their nose and mouth at all times, except when eating or drinking. Additionally, keynote and breakout speakers will have staggered schedules or proper distancing so they will not be required to wear masks during their sessions. Disposable masks are available onsite upon request.
- Social Distancing
Social distancing is mandatory, and all attendees should maintain six (6) feet of distance from other attendees, at all times. Social distancing markers will be placed at registration, vendor booths, and throughout venues.
Registration / Check-In Process
- Upon registration, Optiv staff will perform a temperature check and verbal questionnaire asking about any current symptoms, and people with whom attendees may have had contact.** Plexiglass partitions will separate Optiv staff from attendees during check-in. The only item exchanged during this process will be attendee name badges.
- Limited Contact
- All event information will be available via the event app including the event agenda. All general session tables will be preset with event materials and attendee giveaway bags.
- Seating Arrangements
- Seating capacities and floor plans will be reviewed to ensure compliance with social distancing requirements from state or local authorities and guidelines from public health organizations.
- Food and Beverage
- Buffets and coffee break stations will be attended and guest serving utensils will be replaced frequently. Prepackaged food on coffee breaks and individually packaged beverages (no pitchers or carafes) will be served. Preset food and drinks will be restricted.
- Cleaning and Sanitation Stations
- We will work closely with event venues to properly ensure sanitization of each space between sessions, meetings, and meals. We will also have sanitation stations set up throughout all event venues.
- Event Prizes
- Prizes will be shipped to winners’ post-event to limit contact.